Jordan's Blogarama

This is a blog telling about what I did in the run of a day and/or my opionion on whatever topic I feel like posting about.... yep, check back often for more details and don't be afraid to spread the word about my blog!

Sunday, October 28, 2007

MY Weekend, and a promo for my Friend Tamara's Music on MySpace

Hey everyone, I do apologize for falling behind on updating this blog: i've been writing mid-terms for the last month, in addition to other assignments and studying at MUN,etc.. But regardless, I went to the MUN CF costume party friday night, helped out at the "I Love MUN Days" costume party on Saturday, and studied much of the rest of the weekend! But ya, I went to the MUN CF costume party as a 'crusader' ( I made the joke that my sword was "the bible", a pun that only those familiar with the Bible would get!)

On Saturday, I helped direct people to the different registration booths for the "Community Service Learning Day", took part in a flower bulb planting project at Pippy Park in St.John's, and went to Hatcher House afterwards to eat pizza with the people from the other groups. Here's the highlights:

1. 9-10 people from the MUN CF showed up the event, out of a total of 500 participants (not bad for a group of our size!)

2. the Executive Director of "OceanNet" (a group dedicated to "Instilling an Ocean Environmental Ethic) spoke at the opening of the event

3. The fellowship and reflection was great: I realized how something as simple as giving 1-2 hours of your day to plant flower bulbs can impact your community.

On another note, my friend Tamara does such a good job with her music, I thought i'd post this link to her music:
http://www.myspace.com/liayn


Basically, she tends to write songs whenever she feels down and out, or just wants to get something off her chest. Either way, there's certain feelings and themes she expresses that I believe many people can relate to. Other than that, i'll just let her music speak for itself!