Jordan's Blogarama

This is a blog telling about what I did in the run of a day and/or my opionion on whatever topic I feel like posting about.... yep, check back often for more details and don't be afraid to spread the word about my blog!

Friday, February 25, 2005

Feb.26th (12am) update on last weekend's youth winter retreat!

Well for starters:

- The most of the retreat was focused on two things:

1. The book of Phillipians (in the bible)
and
2.Characteristics of a Godly Servant

I really enjoyed this retreat quite a bit ( despite my worries I wouldn't have enough time to complete my homework!)In the end, I got the bare minimum of my homework done but God kinda allowed my math quiz to be pass ahead...twice. Funny how God works at times!

This was the highlight activities for me:

- Lots of good Large and small group bible studies

- two to three speakers on Short-Term missions:what they are all about, what they're like, the ups , the downs and what you'll need to be ready to go on one ( plus a recount of their experiences)

-Fun games: air hockey, this version of soccer where you use marbles to deflect the soccer ball into the net,etc..

- Building a snow trench ( when everyone else was tubeing)

- personal bible studying: like how i learned in Acts 10 that Peter still struggled with trying to keep Jewish laws when Jesus had already fulfilled them and made new ones ( such as Peter being hesitant towards being around non-Jewish people)

- random moments of fellowship


Overall, it was time well spent...