Jordan's Blogarama

This is a blog telling about what I did in the run of a day and/or my opionion on whatever topic I feel like posting about.... yep, check back often for more details and don't be afraid to spread the word about my blog!

Sunday, May 15, 2005

My Weekend May 13th-15th/05

Yep, this was definitely an interesting weekend....here's a good recap of friday and saturday.

Friday: I was home all night! I surfed the net a bit, talked on the phone,etc... it was a very laid-back night.... I need not get into any more details as i didn't keep a journal on that (so thats i can remember of it!)

Saturday: Well as usual, I was working at Lester Lube from 9am-4pm! (Things at work went alright and as usual...)

For those of you who have no idea what the usual at Lester lube is..... I help do the following:

- Putting oil back into the cars during a oil change

-get information off customers that is entered into the computerized file!

- sometimes, I help with other random tasks and/or help in the tire bay... which involves taking off tires, the weights off tires, weighing them , putting the weights on the new tires and putting the tires back on!


Then, I had a shower when I got home (its necessary after working there! By the way, this was my 5th saturday working there!) Then, I talked on the phone ( I can't say who... I still need more time to get to know this person better before i am ready to talk about them!)

And well, I chilled mostly and the such ( no descriptive details available)

Today (Sunday):

Today, I got up at 8:30 a.m to get ready for Sunday School/ Sr. High Classes... today, the jr. and sr. high classes were combined for the 2nd sunday in a row ( last sunday, the president and vice-president of ABU: Atlantic Baptist University did a presentation on the university, its purposes, facilities,etc...)! Today as an activity, we have to come up with an invention that would help people, think of a way to advertise it, hoq much it would cost and tell the class... it was a rather humuorous activity as some people came up with very bizarre stuff (such as andrew sutherland's idea for a suit that would turn sweat into water...yuck!).Anyways, Ms. Sutherland related this to how God has a gift that he wants everyone to have: a personal relationship with god, the cost for free (for us : it cost Jesus his earthly life!) and she asked the question as to how we are yo advertise it... personal relationships seemed to be the main one, but there are others too.

The morning service was amazing: my dad showed up! (he rarely goes to church), the worship was great, the ministry of music was amazing ("Father's Eyes") and the message moving: it was on 2 Corin.:1-11.... then, the pastor made a altar call (of sorts ) at the end of the message... my dad went up!

Also, I had chem. tutoring today, i talked on the phone again (to the same person as on friday!) and I did lots of research on the american civil war.... talk about a alright yet crazy weekend!