Jordan's Blogarama

This is a blog telling about what I did in the run of a day and/or my opionion on whatever topic I feel like posting about.... yep, check back often for more details and don't be afraid to spread the word about my blog!

Saturday, June 10, 2006

June 9th , June 10th/2006 and June 11th entry

Written on June 10th/2006: started at 4:45 p.m ..continued on June 11th/06

So ya, on friday June 9th/2006, I got out of bed at 8 /8:10 a.m ( pretty crazy ,huh? : I was suppose to be up at 7 am. But, I slept in!) So ya, I had missed the bus to school and needed to get my sister up and get on the go ( fortunately, my exam started at 1pm , so no worries). So I had my favourite two slices of peanut butter toast with milk for breakfast and I left the house after having packed my lunch at 8:50/8:55 a.m to go to the school to study. So, I arrived at 9:15 a.m and I walked all the way up to the LRC ( Learning Resource Centre in order to study, as my last day of classes was on Thursday, June 8th/2006)


After doing so, I began to study for my AP Psych. exam that was going to take place that afternoon.. So ya, I managed to get 50 minutes before I needed to get some recess ( which took 30 minutes) and then I went up and got another 30 minutes in or so. By 11am, I walked out to the North Atlantic Corner store with Mitchell, Andrew and Joey in order to get some lunch for them.So ya, then I hanged around with 'em for 30 minutes or so ( I probably should've spent the time studying). Then at 11:50 a.m, I walked over to booth: only to spend the next 50 minutes watching Sarah (Justin F.'s girlfriend), Mitchell and another of my friends play Tarot cards (another bad decision: I should've went to the library to study!) So ya from 1-3 pm, I wrote my AP Psych. 4220 exam which consists of 125 multiple choice and 2 long answer questions ( I thought it was a three hour exam but that was a misunderstanding due to the way the schedule was written!)

So ya afterwards,I got home and read part of the latest issue of "The Economist" ( a international british economic magazine that is available around the world that also deals with the political,social issues of the day while incorporating economics... basically, it's independent news as well on a weekly basis!) So around 7:30 p.m, I headed over to the Sutherlands ( Gordon is the pastor of West End Baptist (WEB) church and Sandy is the senior high sunday school teacher, I am and was part of that class even if I was too busy to go since october!)

Basically, it is a very formal dinner with about 4 tables set out with white old-fashioned tables, designated seating with a appetizer, main meal and a dessert to celebration the graduation of 4 members of the Senior High Youth Group and Sunday School ( in alphabetical order): Jared Osmond, Jennifer Emberley ( my 2nd cousin), Me ( Jordan Lester) and Katrina Dezeeau.
So ya, the appetizer was bread buns with butter and cranberry juice.
The main meal was carrots,potatoes with corn flakers on the outside, among many other things ( steak or some other form of meat went with it), rice,etc...

Then, they asked each graduate what their plans for september are: Jared said he's going to MUN to do 4 subjects and hopes to do engineering, Jennifer said she is applying to go to the MUN school of music,
I'll be going to Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia to do my arts core : consisting of Political Science, History, Psychology, English and Basic French ( I never did french in high school, so, I haven't done it since grade 9: as I need to do at least 1 year of a 2nd language as part of my degree. So, it might as well be french and to make up for my regret over not doing french in high school after already choosing not to do so in my 1st year and so on!) So ya, I told them i'd be living in residence and all.
I am doing this because at Acadia, there are no general studies and in the first 60 credit hours I do ( the first two-three years), I have to do at least one year of english, a 2nd language, and some other subjects from 3 different short-lists.

So ya, then they put toasts to the 4 graduates. Some memorable ones that I had to me was from Gordon, who said that he believes i'm going to enjoy Acadia because he himself had lived on the campus there when he was sitting at their Acadia Divinity College! Also, Sandy put a toast to me that she hopes I will enjoy the nature and beautiful trees in Wolfville and the Annapolis Valley!

So afterwards, we played this version of Tic-Tac-Toe called "Celebrity" . In this game, one team is team Hugs (X) and the other team is team kisses (O). Basically, the 4 graduates, three of the youth group leaders ( Sherry, Rebecca and Trevor), the pastor Gordon and his daughter laura formed 3 rows of 3. Then, Team X asks one of the nine people one of the pre-determined questions. That people that was asked then responds. That team must then talk amongst themselves to decide whether that person was telling the truth or lieing. If they guess right, the person they ask will turn over the symbol that matches their team (X in this case). Yet,if they get it wrong, then the other team gets the point. The idea is to get 3 in a row: horizontally, vertically or diagonal. The first team to get three in a row wins! So ya, we played two rounds of that before we stopped.

By then, it was 10pm and I used the time to chat with Sandy and Gordon. Basically, I talked to her about Acadia University, where she was from ( she lived in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick before moving to Newfoundland: that's why my mom noticed that she had an accent. Yet, i'm used to it by now and didn't notice as much!) Basically, I told her about what i've been up to since we last chatted about 2 months ago: getting ' Rookie of the Season' at St.John's Regional Youth Parliament and what not... So ya, by 10:35 p.m, I left to go home to rest. Yet, I talked to Janet on the phone for the first time in months before finally going to bed at 11:15 p.m!

Due to lack of time, I am going to summarize June 10th and June 11th ( Today)

June 10th/06:

-Had early guitar lessons from 11am-12pm in which I learned how to play all 7 modes on the guitar in the key of c!

- I took the Dog for a 30-minute walk around the block ( the dog belongs to my step-dad, whose name is Molly and is a Golden Receiver)
- I read part ofthe Saturday edition of " The Telegram"
- read pg.50-90 of the novel "Waiting for Time" by Bernice Morgan as English 3201 exam prep. for Tuesday, June 14th!

-I practiced my guitar

among other things...

Today, Sunday, June 11th/06:

- Read 1/3 of the sunday edition of "The Telegram"
-practised my guitar

- read pg.90/95-135 of "Waiting for Time"

As for my exams, I got my English 3201 public on tuesday morning, I believe ( either that or tuesday afternoon), I got a Math 3201 public on Thursday morning and another exam in the afternoon.

- Did 30 minutes of practice on my Math for my public exam

-watched the first 40 minutes of the public records broadcast of The 1st of the 7 Liberal Leadership Convention Debates on CPAC ( Cable Public Affairs Channel- it's channel 57 in newfoundland if you got cable!)

- played the demo for a game called, ' Prime Minister forever' from 9-10 pm

- Took Molly for a 30 minute walk this afternoon ( 4:45-5:15 /5:20 p.m)

So ya, in summary, I ...
((oops on Friday, at the Graduation thing my Youth Group and Sunday School had at the Sutherlands, the 4 graduates ( including me) received a copy of "My Utmost for His Highest" Updated Graduate Edition by Oswald Chambers which has a 1 -page devotional for each day of the year all 365 of them ( I dunno what they'd do on a leap year, but oh well) It also has a 10-page blank space in which you can write journal entries, a subject index on what devotional for what months and days deal with certain issues (ex. Depression,etc...) ,a Scripture Index ( telling you which entries of the 365 day entries quote certain books of the bible) and recommendations and descriptions of other books by Oswald Chambers)))

So ya, as I was saying, I had a relaxing weekend while still getting a moderate amount of studying in.... and I still got to do something fun on Friday night! This marked a hallmark/milestone for me as this is going to be the last weekend that I ever have to study for a high school exam or do homework over the weekend for high school as I finish the last of my exams on Thursday, June 15th: meaning starting June 16th, i'll be helping Jillian Peddle and the rest of 'em finish the Bishops College yearbook on the 6 days that I would otherwise be home-free...

I know it's been a long time since I made a entry. But, I hope this 'wets for appetite' for what i've been up to. Also, I dropped off a resume at Teletech in Mt.Pearl today for a Summer job ( as my SWASP grant was lost when the feds. ( federal government) decided in their review of the Federal Grant program that the Peter Pan Lawn Bowling association doesn't 'qualify' for a grant!!!)

So ya, that's all for now as it is 11:11 p.m and I plan on going to school on the bus at 8am in order to spend the day at school studying!!!!

If you have any comments, suggestions or anything else, feel free to use the comments below (if you have a Blogger account,please log in BEFORE posting a comment unless you want to be anonymous!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home