Jordan's Blogarama

This is a blog telling about what I did in the run of a day and/or my opionion on whatever topic I feel like posting about.... yep, check back often for more details and don't be afraid to spread the word about my blog!

Friday, July 07, 2006

July 7th : The Day of The Metro, The Arts and Culture Library, The News and Reading,etc...

So ya today, I woke up at 8/8:30 a.m and was dressed and ready to go by 9 am. Yet, it wasn't until somewhere between 9:15-9:30 a.m before I was ready to get on the Metrobus to go to the Arts and Culture Centre A.G Hunter Adult Library. I arrived at the Library around 10/10:30 a.m and from then until about 1:45/2pm, I read the Friday, July 7th/2006 edition of " The Globe and Mail" , read 2 articles in the 2004 edition of the " Canadian Journal of Political Science" on the 2004 general election results , why they occured the way they did ( with heavy analysis). The second article touched on a study that looked at the influence of the state of the economy on the way citizens of Canada vote provincially and federally: they tend to vote for the incumbent ( present) government when the economy is good and vote for an opposition party when the economy is or has been bad for a while!

Also, I rented out three books on Beaumont Hamel ( In order to fully reflect on July 1st more fully after the fact and because I love history!) , A Marvel Comic titled " Combat Zone: True Tales of GIs In Iraq", a movie about Beaumont Hamel called, "I Remain, your Loving Son" produced by CBC and a book on leadership based on the example of Jesus Christ called, " Lead Like Jesus: Lessons from the Greatest Leadership Role Model of ALL TIME". ( They're all due back on July 28th/2006 in case any of you want to rent it out!)

So ya around 1:45/2pm ,I cued up my search through the library for some books ( I even glanced at some reference books on such topics as 'restoring accountability' a book from the Gomery Commission on the Sponsorship Scandal: What happened, How , its findings and what can be done to make sure it doesn't happen again. I also noticed that the library stocks up reference books on International Laws such as UN ( United Nations) laws, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms,etc....) Afterwards, after having missed my bus, I walked over to the Nearest Marie's Mini Mart near the Library and discovered that the building had been bought by a group of people looking to eventually convert it into an Asian restaurant: I offered my affirmations of such an idea and had a chat with one of the people who worked there named Lindy ( or sumthin like that...) about the University i'm going to and what not. At this restaurant, I had a BLT( Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato) toasted sandwich on whole wheat bread and a Dole Mango Fruit Drink ( I had originally planned to have a Strawberry Banana Smoothee. However, the blender was broken so I settled for less) While eating there, I took the time to read the 1st ever issue of the new Newfoundland Alternative FREE newspaper, the Scope: which featured local news, entertainment and music news!

Then at 2:45 p.m, I started walking to the Metrobus stop in front of Churchill Square in order to get a bus back home ( I nearly was unable to found my 10-use metrobus pass and nearly wasn't able to get on the bus. However, I found it just in time to get on the bus and not miss my ride home!) So while on the bus, I payed my 25 cents to get a copy of the Friday, July 7th/06 copy of "The Telegram" ( It's part of the metrobus 'read and ride' program that they offered that gives you a 50 cent discount off 'The Telegram' sunday through friday if you decide to ride on The Metrobus and a 25 cent discount on Saturdays ( 1$ instead of $1.25)) So ya at around 3:45 p.m, my bus dropped me off about 20-3 feet from my house to be greeted by my mom and step-dad ( Greg) who were 'cutting' down some unneeded branches and trees in our front lawn.

After that, when I finally got in my house and settled my books from the library and other stuff in my room , I got back into reading the paper for 5 minutes only to start getting supper ready ( which was a Delisso pepperoni pizza that me and my sister each had a 1/2 of!) So ya by around 5:20 p.m, we had eaten our supper ( I had a large glass of orange juice to go with it!) So then, I cleaned up and headed down stairs to finish reading the 'A' Section of the newspaper and by 5:45/5:47p.m, I had turned on the tv to check out CPAC's ( Canadian Public Affairs Channel) coverage of the re-broadcasting of the June 5th/06 meeting of a House of Commons committee on Human Resources, Social Developments and the needs of those with Physical Disabilities. Around 5:57 p.m came along, I switched over to the Friday edition of the NTV evening news hour! ( One interest story to note was today was the 2nd day of the Governor General of Canada, Michael Jean's , visit to the province of NL today as she was reported to have visited a 'grassroots' organization dedicated to addressing violence among young, seniors and women: she expressed her desire to help co-ordinate a national conference on these issues as she said she helped do similar work in her home province of Quebec ( where she has lived since her departure from Haiti at the age of 9) She also went to the Left-tentint's Governor's Garden Party as well!)I watched the NTV news fully from 5:58- 6:32p.m

At 6:32 p.m, Felissa called me up and we had a chat and confirmed that i'll be attending her sweet 16th birthday party at her house tomorrow form 6-11:30 p.m with many of her other friends ( I also have Guitar Lessons tomorrow!) And we stopped talking at 7:05/7:15 p.m ( Since she was watching a French Game Show on TV and I wanted to update my Blog!)

Oh well, it's been a rather fun day so far ( Yet, I need to pick up my Dress Pants and Socks sometime soon for my Job as a Social Research Assistant with the NL Association for Community Living in St.John's : which starts in 4 days time!)

Anyway, if I feel the need to, I may or may not update this entry later on today ( as I want to read that comic on the War in Iraq by Marvel Comics, read some of my other books and/or watch the 4th ;Harry Porter' movie and/or practice my Guitar and/or practice singing Falsetto Tenor in order to prepare for the St.John's Anchormen Barbershop Chorus practice Monday night
That's all for now and if you have any comments or questions, post them in the comments section under this entry or e-mail me! ( This entry was last updated at 7:41 p.m on Friday, July 7th/2006...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home