Jordan's Blogarama

This is a blog telling about what I did in the run of a day and/or my opionion on whatever topic I feel like posting about.... yep, check back often for more details and don't be afraid to spread the word about my blog!

Thursday, June 15, 2006

June 15th/2006: My last day of High School Exams.......ever! and the rest of my relaxing day! and more....

So ya, I wrote my Math 3204 public exam from 9-11:30 p.m ( I finished 20-30 minutes early!) Then, I chatted with some of my friends about university and their plans for university since it was on my mind. Then, I walked from Bishops to the North Atlantic Corner Store and bought a large pizza sub, nacho chips with salsa and cholocate milk for lunch. Then, I wrote my last exam which ran from 1-3 pm ( however, I finished it at 2:05 p.m). Then, I stayed around and chatted to Meagan and Mitchell for 45 minutes before :finally getting home at 3 pm. Then, from 3:05-3:45/50, I talked my step-dad's dog molly on the local cowan heights trail. Then, I talked to my cousin tyler for 20-25 minutes and walked down to Cowan Heights park to feed the ducks. Since then , I ate a pear as a snack, watched my' Rock City Master Band June 4th,2006 performance' ( The band I was in was called 'Veto Power', which is a medium length story to explain) Then, i've been listening (and watching) the proceedings of the House of Commons on CPAC ( channel 56 or 57 on cable in newfoundland) ,checking e-mails and the news...... So ya....to be continued!



Basically, if any of them friends (who are finished their exams) want to make plans with me to hang up and/or catch up with me, give me a buzz. If those of my friends whom still have exams left to write, those interested in making plans for us to hang out should give me a buzz ( for both cases, either by e-mail, dropping a reply on here, by telephone or in person!!!!)

So ya as for tomorrow, i'm going into Bishops to help work on the yearbook ( we only have 4 of 84 pages done!!!!!) So ya, I basically got 7 days to go whatever I want other than yearbook. But ya, how much time I have to put into that is conditional on how many people show up, how many computers are working and how long each individual is going to be able to do some work on it...... so ya, there's more to come.....

Also, I could be going out to my cousin's cabin on Saturday night to visit him and I might stay the night before into early Sunday morning or so.... But ya, otherwise, i'll be at church for the first time in awhile ( due to youth parliament in april 30-may 1st, various choir concerts, studying for exams, my rock city performance on June 4th ( which is a sunday) among other things...)

So ya, I want to officially announce that i've been conditionally accepted to Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia and MUN ( Memorial University of Newfoundland) in St.John's,NL. However, i've already made the down payment on my residence and my tuition for Acadia University, so on September 1st,2006, "I'll be leaving on a jet plane, I don't know when i'll be back again.....(i'll be back here for christmas break in december : including for my Cap and Gown at Bishops College to officially receive my High School Diploma, attend the various ceremonies and to get to catch up with many of my high school friends : some of them i'll never see again, other i'll see in may, others i'll see but not for a long time, others i'll keep in touch with but not see....")

So ya, i've applied for the Arts Core program of a Bachelor of Arts Degree in the following 5 subjects:
1. Political Science ( I'm so excited to get to study this!)

2. History ( Another one i'm excited for)

3. Psychology ( I did AP Psych. 4220 this year,so, i'll be doing the same course for the 2nd time. But, i'll be doing it in university not in a high school, there'll be a discussion lab once a week and the scheduling will be different)

4. English ( it's mandatory as part of an Arts degree for at least the first year)

5. Basic French ( In order to fulfill my mandatory 1 year of a 2nd language, to make up for not doing french in high school, to take another 'stab' at becoming bilinguial , and just to see how it goes....)


Also, three careers are coming into focus as careers I possibly want to pursue, being:

1. Social Work ( or some other form of career that relates to Psychology)

2. Teaching ( this is a back-up plan)

and (my favourite back-up)

3. Politics ( either as a municipal councillor, Provinicial MLA, federal MP, a Political Science professor or some other related field)

So ya, this post is intended to provide information on today, my plans from Sept 2006- May 2007...

So ya, comments people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home