Jordan's Blogarama

This is a blog telling about what I did in the run of a day and/or my opionion on whatever topic I feel like posting about.... yep, check back often for more details and don't be afraid to spread the word about my blog!

Saturday, June 24, 2006

June 24th: June 19th-June 24th summary

Monday, June 19th/2006:
- I missed the bus ( I wanted to help with Yearbook at Bishops)
- Ms.Westin e-mailed me back telling me they didn't need my help with yearbook

So basically, I took the day off and basically did alot of recreational activities such as walking the dog and what not......

Oh right , and the best part is, I was able to go to the St.John's Anchormen Barbershop Chorus ( They practice at the Arts and Culture Center) for the first time since 3-4 weeks! ( Because, I was then studying for exams and with exams over, the only thing that would stop me would be my summer job... if i'd had one at the time!)

Tuesday,June 20th/2006:

The highlights being that I finally went into school to work on the yearbook for the first time since friday ( and to clean out my locker...!? or was that Wedsday?!) . And basically, they were going to get me to type up some more quotes to be inserted into the yearbook. However, they found out they didn't need them.
In breaking my chronological order, before that, I had talked to Haylee ( a friend of Jill Peddle) and Tim C. ( a old friend/acquitance of mine) for a bit before they wrote their world geography exam.
Anyway, getting back on track, by about 9- 9:15 a.m, I was no longer needed to help with yearbook. So, I got a cab home and hanged out around the house, watched tv and what not..... ( the details are really fuzzy right now...)
I think on that day, I had started printing some more resumes like crazy and dropping them off at every business I could find in order to find a summer job.

Also, I think this tuesday was the last voice lessons I ever had at rock city : ( ( Because i'm going to Acadia University in september and even if I was close enough to go, I would probably be too busy with university anyway!).... hopefully, some more of the details will come back!

Wedsday,June 21st:
Once again, I had the day off as I had no exams on this particular day ( as I had finished on Thursday of the previous week!). So basically, I kept passing out more resumes and if memory serves me correct, I had dropped some off at the Irving near Cowan Heights Dental and at many of the stores and restaurants in the Avalon Mall ( Sadly, I haven't heard back from them of them!) So ya, I spend my day doing the fundamental basics of life, walked around , walking the dog,etc....

(Anything else I did I have definitely forgotten for now or all together!)

Thursday, June 22nd :
Basically, I got up around 6:30 a.m to get ready for the last day of high school ever for me! So ya, I got on the bus at 8 am as usual and arrived at Bishops around 8:15 a.m . So ya, I spent the time talking to Joey, Jessica Guy ( Or one of the other Jessicas from choir!) So ya basically, we then had our awards assembly from 9-11/11:15 p.m with the highlight being that alot of my friends (Fred, Sarah Dinn,etc..) won quite a few awards. Although I didn't win the award for Perfect Attendance ( due to 1-2 h.living fieldtrips, some choir outings and missing a class or two to go to my grandmother's funeral on my dad's side), I came 10 away from having perfect attendance. But ya, I also got awards for my contribution to the yearbook ( i.e The Last Will and Testament and typing up some good quotes to be used in the yearbook!), an award for my recognition in Applied Music ( Guitar) and an award for Student of the Month in February! So ya after that was over at around 11-11:15 a.m, I went and got my report card ( I had an overall average of 86: meaning I was 4 percent off from prinicipal's list!) But ya, my lowest marks were in AP Psych. (75), Math(74) and Bio. (64). After that, me,joey,mitchell and andrea w. walked down to No Name Pizza and had lunch ( I had 2 huge slices of pizza ,root beer and a slushie). So basically, we hung out and chatted before deciding to walk down to Andrea's at 1pm .... ( Which consisted of Mitchell T. and my cousin Joey C. of taking turns doing solos and what not on the drums while me and Andrea W. took turns playing on her electric guitar.. I had way too much fun seeing how fast I could play: looks like practising those 7 modes on the C scale might've improved my finger co-ordination and reaction time quite a bit) . But ya, I drove joey up the wall by improvising and not actually playing any actual songs ( that and trying to see how many different chords I could randomly make and then bend the string to make very high pitched screeching sounds)...
After that, me and Joeywatched Andrea W. and Mitchell T. take turns playing The Legend of Zelda: the 4 links on Nintendo Gamecube !
So ya at around 2pm, Joey's mom picked me and joey up to bring us home. After that, I hanged out around the house for a bit... ( I can't remember exactly what I did...) But ya, I visited Felissa in the Janeway ( She was in the hospital for 5 days on a EEG machine to see if they could get a picture of her having a seizure and figure out how her brain reacts before, during and after having a stress-induced seizure: but she never had one at the hospital).

So ya, me ,Jenine ( Felissa's sis.) and Felissa played ' Sorry!', ' Craxy 8's' and ' Crazy 8 Countdown'.... So ya, I had only intended to visit for 1 hour from about 3:30-4:30p.m. Yet in reality, I stayed around 3:30-6:30 p.m! Afterwards, I believed I either took the dog for a walk or did something else!

Friday, June 23rd/06:

Basically, I woke up around 8/8:30am or so and was up and on the go by around 9 am or so... Then, I basically had breakfast ,watched CPAC (the Canadian Public Affairs Channel: Public Affairs is another way of including politics as well as public issues) for a hour or so. Then, my mom drove me out to the Service Canada Centre for Youth St.John's Office at the Prince Charles Building ( There, they provide tips on resume and cover letter writing as well as some handy interview tips. They also have booklets full of post-secondary information, job information, summer job postings,etc...) So ya from about 10:30-12 pm, I worked on re-formatting my resume and writing a cover letter for a 'recreation co-ordinator' summer job position with the easter seals of NL ( I e-mailed it to the contact). Then, me and my mom ate a buffet at the nearest pizza experts for like an hour. Then, from 1-3:30 p.m, I modified my resume slightly and wrote a new cover letter for a 'Researcher' position that was posted at the SCCYE (Service Canada Centre for Youth Employment) and had both faxed off . As well, I acquired the website on which all these jobs are posted: http://www.jobbank.gc.ca

Other than that, I got home around 4pmish and watched a bit of CPAC,(almost forgot that I listened to my Barbershop CD in the car while my mom was driving), among other things. I also checked my e-mails ( at around 6pm, we had supper. But, I took the dog for a 40 minute walk from 5-5:40 p.m before supper only to discover a white dog that had somehow got off it's leash: I learned that the dog had escaped out the screendoor of someone's house and phoned the number found on the dog's keychain. Just as I was heading back, I ran into some of my neighbours whom were watching their dogs and I went to make sure the owner had gotten their dog back)and such until around 8 pm or so...: when I stopped because the computer didn't really work that great!

From 8:30pm-1:30 a.m, I made many attempts to get the computer working and watched my sister play Kingdom Hearts 2 on the PS2 ( and helped her with some mini-games within the game)

Today, June 24th/2006:
- Basically, I was pretty tired and slept in til 8:00 a.m or so:even though I 'doozed off' again while listening to the radio. Basically, I got up, had breakfast, updated my blog, listened to some 80's music my mom had on Galaxy while I read the June 17- 23 issue of ' The Economist' ( A magazine that I read as soon as it gets in as it covers political, economic, social and other news stories!) Other than that, I haven't been up to much so far. Although, it's lunchtime and i'm off to walk the dog and get some lunch at home afterwards ( My Guitar lessons didn't go ahead because he was busy the last 2 saturdays!!!) Oh well, i'll update soon!