Jordan's Blogarama

This is a blog telling about what I did in the run of a day and/or my opionion on whatever topic I feel like posting about.... yep, check back often for more details and don't be afraid to spread the word about my blog!

Friday, January 19, 2007

The issue of equalization and the New Year

Hi everyone, I know it's been ages since i've updated my blog and in my opionion, it's been too long. So, i'll be updating it now.

On a first note, i'd like to post some posts I put up on Canadiansforchrist recently:

But first however, i'd like to re-post the response I got from my Conservative MP, Loyola Hearn(St.John's South-Mt.Pearl) when I raised the issue of equalization with him in Early January,followed by my original response:
Hearn, Loyola - M.P. (Hearn.L@parl.gc.ca)
To:
jordan lester (guardianshadowknight@hotmail.com)
Subject:
RE: What is your Stance on the issue of Equalization

January 5, 2007 11:03:20 AM

"Dear Mr. Lester:
Thank you very much for your recent email concerning my stance on the issue of equalization.

I have been very vocal on my stance on this issue for quite some time.

In fact, I spoke about this issue as late as last night on Out of the Fog.

Being the Newfoundland representative at the Cabinet table in Ottawa I will, and have, always made sure that Newfoundland is given the best deal on any issue that comes up.

On the specific issue of equalization I will again make sure that Newfoundland gets the best deal for us.

Along with my Provincial counterparts we have all worked hard to see the Atlantic Accord signed and we will not stop till we receive what we are due.

Thank you for your input on this issue and should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Sincerely,
Loyola Hearn

And this is what I wrote to him:

From: jordan lester [mailto:guardianshadowknight@hotmail.com]

Sent: Thu 2007/01/04 8:58 PMTo: Hearn, Loyola - M.P.; guardianshadowknight@hotmail.com

Subject: What is your Stance on the issue of Equalization?
Greetings, Mr.Hearn,
As you are probably well aware, the Telegram recently featured an article (A3 of the January 4th/2007 "The Telegram") stating that 5 of the 7 Federal NL MPS have responded to the letter that Premier Danny Williams sent to the Prime Minister before the last Election Campaign. I'm also aware that you haven't yet responded to this letter to state where you stand on the issue of possible changes to the equalization formula. As a member of your riding (St.John's South/Mt. Pearl) and a young man who's 18, i'd like to know where you stand on the issue of equalization and I ask that you make your position public so that every newfoundlander will be able to know where their MP stands on the issue of equalization and that your position be made public knowledge: after all, you are part of a Government that ran on the issue of Accountability!

So ya, i'd encourage you to go public about where you stand on the issue of equalization as soon as possible and that you take whatever measures necessary that fall within the rule of law in order to make it clear where you stand on this issue so that a real debate may begin. Sincerely,
Jordan Willis Lester, Age 18, citizen of the Federal Riding of St.John's South/Mount Pearl