Jordan's Blogarama

This is a blog telling about what I did in the run of a day and/or my opionion on whatever topic I feel like posting about.... yep, check back often for more details and don't be afraid to spread the word about my blog!

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

My Disappointment about not doing french in high school and a formal apology to anyone i was too hard on in this topic ( you know who you are)

To give you a idea of my disappointment, it was a similar feeling as to when I didn't make the basketball team in Grade 10 and I was so sure that I was gonna make it, that I wiped out the possibility that I wouldn't make it and then I didn't: I was bitter about it for weeks even months! But ya, this time it was different: I thought I couldn't do the thing I wanted to do (french not because of a lack of effort) but because of a lack understanding of the way the french courses in high school worked. See, I thought there was a 1st year french course but ya turns out, I found out halfway/ at the end of this year that its possible to do semestrized science and then do french in your 2nd and 3rd year and because I didn't do it this year, I can't do it next year ( well, i'd have to start at a 2nd year level....)

So ya, it caused me some bitterness and someone I was talking to earlier told me how she too went to Trois-Riviere at my age and said how unless you stay in a french environment, most of what you learned will fade away. I need to formally apologize to that individual.... I am so sorry that I took my hard-to-answer questions out on you.... I deeply regret doing that! I need to pray to god about it and if this individual reads this message, I need to apologize!

I thought I had a verse that related to my experience(i'll look it up on biblegateway.com!)
I couldn't find one so here's something to think about..

Its a search I did on bible gateway on Evil Desire... here is the url if your interested

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=%20evil%20desire&version1=31&searchtype=all&limit=none&wholewordsonly=no

I also did a search on envy on biblegateway ( in the bible of course) : http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=envy&version1=31&spanbegin=1&spanend=73

Especially note James 3:14 and James 3:16.

"But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth." James 4:14 (NIV)

"For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice." James 4:16 (NIV)

And last, on bitterness: http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=bitterness&wholewordsonly=yes&version1=31&spanbegin=1&spanend=73

Especially note:

" For I see that you are full of bitterness and captive to sin." Acts 8:23 (NIV)

"Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice." Ephesians 4:31 (NIV)

I feel I need to memorize Ephesians 4:31 ....: if you have any advice on this matter, was moved by anything you learned in this post or just wanna comment on it, feel free to do so!